Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkins and Cookies!!!

We started the tradition of baking Halloween sugar cookies a few years ago and the girls look forward to decorating them each year. We spent an afternoon and evening doing that with pumpkin carving. I figured I might as well do all the messy stuff the same time so I didn't have to clean up more than once! Haylee got bored with the pumpkin carving because there wasn't much for her to do but she loved getting candy pieces from her sisters while decorating cookies!

Cory wasn't feeling very well but still helped me with the carving. He said the sight of the green frosting made him feel nauseous. That's a first, I didn't have to keep poking his hand with a fork each time he stole a spoonful of frosting or candy!!!











2 comments:

Natalie said...

Jess, your family has changed so much!! Your Haylee looks like what I remember Lexi looking like! Crazy! How does Sadie like Kindergarten? I bet if she is like Rhett she is LOVING it. One of these minutes we need to get caught-up!

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

What a fun tradition! I still can't get over how identical Sadie looks to you.. she is def. her momma's daughter! What a cutie.