Monday, December 22, 2008

Sadie's Busy Birthday


Sadie and her pre-school class waiting for the program to start.





Sadie on stage singing her little heart out.

Sadie sitting with Santa Claus the first time all smiles.

Sadie on Santa's lap the second time for Lexi's benefit, neither one very happy about the arrangement.




Sadie and her purple horse cake that changed colors fifteen times.


We had such a busy day for Sadie's birthday. I went to her pre-school to take ice cream cone cupcakes for their snack time that morning. After pre-school we played and did the usual until later on in the afternoon. Cory had gone over to a friend's who was helping him replace the block heater in the pickup. So I got dinner done early, got Sadie in her new birthday dress (she looks to old in it:( ) got Lexi ready and myself ready to go to the school Christmas program which the pre-schoolers got to participate in this year. The program involves pre-school through grade 6 (remember this is a SMALL school). We arrived early as Sadie's teacher requested but still hadn't heard from Cory so I called him and finally reached him as the program was about to start so needless to say, Cory was late which frazzled me in the beginning. As the program started, I was juggling my 14 month old and a camera at the same time which didn't produce very quality pictures I might add. Then Sadie starts to sing Jingle Bells at the top of her lungs which about overpowered the rest of the Kindergarten and Pre-school kids. What can I say she loves to sing, at least it wasn't a Taylor Swift song which is her preference at home. Cory finally showed up as the kids sat down for their part of the beginning program. Then we had to entertain two restless kids until the big kids finished their play and the pre-schoolers could sing their last two songs. It was very interesting! But they sang great and Sadie had a fun time. Then Santa came so we did the whole wait in line for that which Sadie loved, Lexi didn't. We arrived home at 8 p.m. and then cut cake and opened presents. I made Sadie's cake to her specifications which she changed on me every ten minutes. All in all the madness created unforgetfulmemories for us. I just need to remind myself to breath once in a while :)

1 comment:

Sarah F. said...

She looks so beautiful in that dress! She is so grown-up! Happy Birthday Sadie...we love you!