Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Vegas Vacation

Cory and I traveled down to Vegas the second weekend in December to go on vacation and go to the Wrangler NFR on Monday night. Boy is it a long old drive down there! We drove most the way on Saturday stopping at around 11 p.m. to get a room and sleep until morning. Another couple went down with us too, Cory's cousin Chandra and her husband Jason Day. We enjoyed the conversation on the way down. Sunday we drove the rest of the way to Vegas and just walked the day away. We walked to the Cowboy Christmas displays in the different hotels and had a great time. I was just content to walk through all the hotels and see the details they put into jazzing up the strip. We had a lot of fun. We went to Fremont Street where the light show on the old strip is and had a fabulous prime rib dinner there. The rodeo was lots of fun to but I have to say I could have watched it at home on a TV and seen more up close than what I saw on the screen at the rodeo. But we had a great time and were glad to get the long drive home done with on the way back!



Cory and I inside Caesar's Palace. I really am amazed by how intricate the details are in these hotels and shops. Inside here we found a cool store that had framed memorabilia from any number of famous actors, singers, etc. The most expensive thing there was a cape worn by the very first Superman. It was selling for $42,000!



I found my inner cowboy down there and Cory well, you can see what he found.


I couldn't believe our luck! I got at picture with the new 007, Daniel Craig! He was there outside the Venitian hotel posing for pictures and I was ecstatic! He's a hottie huh? Besides, how many chances am I going to get to take my picture with a famous actor? Not many from where I live. Okay well he didn't really have much choice to take the picture with me since he couldn't moveand maybe he couldn't move whereas he was a wax figure :)




Sadie and Lexi stayed with Cory's parents and they had a great time. In fact when we got there to pick them up after our trip, Sadie said,"Mom can you go on another LONG date again soon?" But at least we know they had tons of fun. This picture was at home after we gave them their surprise. They love their new irrigating boots.




No comments: