Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Eight Years and Still Counting

I cannot believe that time goes by in years soooo FAST! We had our eight year anniversary and it is amazing what can happen in that amount of time. I am so lucky to have such a patient and loving husband. Cory brightens my day with his humor and can make my life less stressful by calming me down. He is a wonderful father to our two and 1/2 girls. He never complains when he gets home form a long day of work if I ask him to entertain the girls or help them with something. I am very blessed to have found such a wonderful mate for forever.

So Cory was working outside all day for our anniversary and was leaving the next night to go back to finish a job in Challis. Sadie wanted to help me "decorate" the house for him so we made signs, hearts and all kinds of things to hang up around the house for Cory when he came in. I made steak and shrimp for dinner and we got out the candles. Lexi loved coloring pictures to hang up while Sadie colored and cut out about 25 hearts for us. It was cool to involve the kids for our anniversary. On the coat closet door I found a bunch of pre-marital and engagement pictures to hang up along with some wedding photos. It was s trip down memory lane and the kids liked it as much as we did. One of these years we will get away for our anniversary, but being pregnant for a vacation didn't sound like that much fun so it will wait for the next time.
Below: May 26, 2001-Wedding Day for Cory Kurt Bird and Jessica Lynne King

No comments: