Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Welcome Haylee Rose!!!

She finally came! We are excited to announce that Haylee Rose Bird came to join our family Monday August 10th. She was 7 lbs. 13 oz. and 19 inches long. She came with more hair on her head and body than my other two girls. She has dark blue eyes and a little dark hair on her head. Lexi and Sadie are soooo Excited for her to be home. They mauled her to death the night we got back from the hospital. It's so fun to see how they love her already and such good helpers! Maybe a little too much at times. Lexi insists that the baby needs milk every twenty minutes or so. Sadie can't wait to wake her up as soon as she is asleep. It is such a joy to see them interact though, I just love sitting back and watching them together.

The labor and delivery went well. We had a scare at the very end, I was contracting hard and fast and Haylee's little head was right there ready to come out. Every contraction made her heartbeat slow down and the doctor rushed in so fast to get her out. Thank goodness it only took two pushes to get her out! The doctor said we had about another two minutes before we would have had to go for a C-section. I was grateful she came on her own.
Cory was there by my side the whole time, he is such a sport. He took great care of me and helped with Haylee whenever he could. I am so blessed with such a wonderful husband and father.

Sadie and Lexi stayed with Grandpa and Grandma Bird which they absolutely loved, I'm also grateful for their help and concern for us. They do so much for us. Thank you to all who came to see us in the hospital and all of your thoughts. We love our family and friends who support us in all we do.

I will get better pics later, but for now here she is!!
Below: Haylee Rose Bird
and her sisters

3 comments:

Natalie said...

She is beautiful. I am so glad that she is here safe and sound. From what I can see...I think she looks like she belongs!:)

Sarah F. said...

HOORAY! She is here! She looks so cute....another little Bird girl. So sweet. I can't wait to see her...I don't know when that will be, but I still can't wait. Let me know if you need anything. Hope all continues to go well.

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

Another girl! Poor Cory... but I always tell Cam that it takes a special daddy to be a daddy of all girls! Congrats, she's adorable. I forget how small they are! How sweet, hope you have a fast recovery. Give her kisses for us!