Wednesday, July 7, 2010

This is what the Birds' do . . .

We had almost all of the Kurt and Jan Bird family together over the weekend and got together for some fun. The kids kind of ran the agenda which ended up in some pretty intense competitions along the way. We started jumproping and it turned into see who can jump the most jumps without messing up. Sadie did really well as the only kid who could master the rope. The adventurous adults gave it a shot and it was pretty comical I must say. The grand pooba winner (as Grandpa Bird says) was . . . . . . . .ME! I jumped 56 jumps in a row (pretty pathetic I know) for the win out of the adults. I enjoyed watching everyone try to get the hang of jumproping again, like I said-VERY ENTERTAINING!!!
After a quick session of Mother-May-I becuase the big boys kept cheating, we turned to a roping competition to see who could rope another person running away the fastest. It ended up being a competition between the three brothers while the kids played in the sandbox. I have never seen a man move so fast as not to get caught by a lasso loop! Highly comical as well.