Saturday, March 21, 2009

Change of Scenery

I cannot tell you how great it is to be just through the field from my in-laws. Especailly when my kids get bored of being in the house or outside at our own place. It takes ten minutes to go around the field to their house and we have a whole new playground with a swing set (that is a major hit with my girls) and a basketball court that turns into a chalk park, a bike race track, or a jumprope stage.


I feel forever grateful for our family close by and the great help they are to me. I can't count the times checking cows this winter has turned into a hot dog roast or a nature walk. There are many accounts of uncles taking girls with them out to the shop or out in the barn or in the pickup for a ride. It never fails that it seems to come just at the right time when I need help the most. My kids were rescued from a mom who was busy doing taxes and paperwork for a couple days, a mom who was too sick to get up for much other than getting to the bathroom and the necessities. I feel so blessed over these past couple months for the great help Kurt, Jan, Cody and Cary have been. I wouldn't have made it without them.
Below: Lexi swinging on Mom's finally finished swing set.
Below: Sadie trying to get Uncle Cody to do some fancy jumps on the trampoline.








1 comment:

Sarah F. said...

You are so lucky. I am jealous!