Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Puddle Jumpers

Sadie has been begging me to let her jump in the puddles outside. Of course it has been cold enough I didn't think it was a great idea until yesterday when it was 55 degrees outside. So I adorned my kids in their winter clothes because we haven't thought to get any rain coats etc. and finished their ensemble off with their irrigating boots. They had so much fun outside! We had a pretty big puddle out here for them to play in and then when Cory came home they had even more fun! Let me tell you they were soaking wet! They came in the house just after five and I decided to forget dinner for now and get they straight in the tub because they were so wet and dirty. One of those times that you adjust the schedule to fit your needs. They came in kind of cold I think but this morning Lexi got out of bed and came to the door to get her irrigating boots and said "Outside". So they must have had more fun than cold I guess.




Below: Sadie was trying to get Lexi to jump in the puddle but the best Lexi could do was stomp








Below: Cory came home through the field behind him and scared the kids out of the water. Lexi wasn't so concerned though, she just watched him and stayed put.



Below: Cory then took the kids on a ride through the puddle to show them what puddle splaching was really about. Sadie is riding on the back sreaming at him to go faster.



No comments: