Saturday, September 12, 2009

Is this what it is like raising boys?

I cannot say that I know how it is to raise boys, but I think I get the gist. My girls are not really girly girls, they would rather go outside and play in the dirt than pain their nails so I shouldn't be surprised by this last few days. It all started with Lexi. She recently had her bunk bed altered because she consistently wanted to go up on her sister's bed. We resolved that by raising her bed and moving it out beside Sadie's bunk so Lexi sits in the air too. Well she woke up the other night screaming and crying because of something and tried to get out of bed to fast and fell down on the floor. She had a gash in her head and scratches on her hand but nothing too serious. I worried about a concussion but she acted okay. Then Sadie and Lexi were playing the other day and when I asked them to clean up their room, Sadie got upset and swung around with a toy in her hand which happened to whack Lexi in the eye. She had a black eye but was fine afterwards. Then Sadie was playing around and wrestling that night with Cory, she ran around the hallway and right into the refrigerator! Somehow she managed to get a rug-burn like scab on her neck from that incident. The next day while playing at grandma's house, Sadie was running in the back yard so their puppy would chase her but looked back at the puppy just as she came to the trampoline so she barreled into it. her chin received the brunt of that whack and a cut with a huge bruise around it developed on her a day later. Needless to say I learned that girls get bumps and bruises just as much as boys do I think. Until all the scabs and scrapes get healed, we refrain from public appearances! My kids look pretty beat up-but what can you do when keeping them inside the house doesn't help the battle scars from not appearing.

3 comments:

Two Dot Crew said...

so sorry to hear about the battle wounds...hope they heal soon, otherwise someone might have to call social services on you two!

Heather said...

Isn't it fun raising kids? It's almost comical when things just keep happening. Emily gets a little clumsy sometimes and by the time she has bonked her head for the third time in a row I just have to laugh. Sounds like your kids have had a rough go of it lately. I'm so sorry. You'd better wrap them in bubble wrap for a while! ;-) Good luck with the healing process!

Natalie said...

They do sound a little like MY BOYS!! My boys take each other down and out so often that we always have some kind of battle wound to show for it. I guess you can count it as a blessing that you didn't have family pictures scheduled or something like that.:)