Friday, September 4, 2009

Update

I took some more pics of Haylee and they turned out pretty cute. I like this one because she looks like she is waving!





We went to a garage sale of some neighbors and got some really cool stuff. Cory sometimes has to push the girls on the battery operated 4-wheeler so he used a board so he didnt' have to bend down to there level. Our dog Tuff likes to chase them on it and they think it's great!












I have never had the lovely experience of dealing with thrush before so I guess now I get to. I noticed a red, spotty rash on myself that was particularly painful the other day and decided to call the doctor. It was decided that I had thrush or an bacterial infection. Without seeing me they wouldn't get a prescription for me without determining which one. I called my sister Sarah and she was a major help in helping me determine that if Haylee had patches in her mouth, it was thrush. I checked Haylee on Thursday and she didn't have anything. I checked again on Friday and nothing so I was thinking I should just call and get the prescription for the infection bu the day was so crazy I didn't get it done. So Saturday morning I was in such excruciating pain I new I couldn't wait until Monday. I checked Haylee's mouth one more time and there were little white patches in both her little cheeks. I noticed at our three am feeding that morning she wouldn't eat much and should have thought to check her then, but at least we figured it out. I got a prescription called in for me but had to call a family doctor for Haylee. The one in Salmon is closed on Saturday and would have had to pay an emergency visit fee, even though the doctor there just saw Haylee on Monday for a checkup. I wasn't thrilled to realize if I wanted to get Haylee her medicine, we would have to go to Idaho Falls and see another doctor to get the meds she needed. Thus went our Saturday, a fast trip to the doctor and then to Walmart to pick up both of our medicine. I was so annoyed but I guess that is a price we pay for living out in the wilderness! Needless to say, we both are doing better now and the pain in bearable now.


Sadie is so jealous of everyone in school. Leadore started school Tuesday this week, but the pre-school doesn't start until next week. She is way excited for another year of pre-school and can't wait to get her back pack ready to go. She still is my helper, just in the fact that she keep herself occupied with things to go while I feed Haylee. I love that fact that she can entertain herself with her toys, a box or anything available.



Lexi still is loving her little sister. She mauls her about every hour. I have to put Haylee in the pack and play to sleep or sometimes just for a break from her big sister! Lexi has now figures out that she can climb up the steps to Sadie's bunk. I have to keep it blocked off during the day so she doesn't get up there and fall off! Last night however, I went in the girls' room to check on them after feeding Haylee to discover Lexi had climbed up again onto Sadie's bunk and they were both asleep up there. I asked Cory to beef up the boards on the sides so we have nobody falling down in the middle of the night. We shall see if that keeps me from worrying.



Haylee is growing like a weed and doing pretty good. I just wish she would get her nights and days switched back already! She sleeps so sound during the day and a lot of the day. Nights she is content to let you hold her and talk to her. If any of you have any great ideas on how to help this process, I'm all ears.


Cory is working diligently on the bully barn between helping his Dad and brothers on the ranch. He has a couple jobs lined up for the next few weeks so that will keep him busy. He is great to check on me during the day and see if I need help. I had to have him rescue me yesterday for a while and take the two older kids outside with him. I was loosing patience with the three demanding my attention all at once. But he is great to help out.



I am doing well, and getting it all together. I am figuring out how to spread my time between three kids and keep up my chores as well. Some moments I have to just breathe and tell myself to get through the next hour before I scream, but most days are great. We take walks or go outside and play. I just have to remember that I don't have to do it all, all the time. It's okay to not have all the toys picked up, or a throw in a frozen pizza for dinner, or just to play with my kids and let everything else go for a while. I'm definitely not perfect, which is okay.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

It was so good to have an update on your family. Your baby is beautiful. She looks just like your other girls I think. I am sorry you have had nursing issues...i hear that is horrible stuff. I hope all is well now!

Two Dot Crew said...

sorry to hear about the thrush...hope you're feeling better now. we need to get together soon (and plan our "special" vacation)!