Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Cory!!!

Cory turned 31 today. He really wanted to take off for the weekend but he needed to work over in Pahsameri yesterday which got him home around 12:30 a.m. So I decided to go to the church with a basket of Blueberry Muffins for his "brunch" for Sunday. I took the kids and they made a cute card for him to go with it. Cory was kind of surprised at his 10 a.m. Bishopric Meeting when the bishop pulled out this basket and gave it to him for his birthday. It was fun. I made Cory a dump truck birthday cake from freehand and it looks like a cartoon:

But at least it is edible! I was kind of in a hurry so it didn't turn out like I'd hoped :( It still gets the point across. Cory's two younger brothers will join us tonight for cake and ice cream. Mom and Dad are on "vacation" somewhere for Spring Break. Sadie, Lexi and I made him a coupon book for some fun family activities to do when he wants. The girls got to pick out a box of theater candy at the store for him and they did pretty well. They picked two of his favs, Whoppers and Junior Mints. They had a fun time wrapping things up. Cory got his birthday present from me earlier and so this gets documented because Cory will try to say it wasn't for his birthday, I bought him a new coat and bibs for snow machining. I gave them to him early because I was afraid the snow wouldn't last!
I'm so glad Cory is the man of my dreams and the father to our children. He is wonderful and keeps me in line. I love you! Happy birthday babe!!




2 comments:

Sarah F. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORY!!! I hope you had a wonderful day. I just tried to call you guys and no one answered. Hope you are having fun. We love and miss you.

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

What a fun way to surprise him!! Happy Birthday Cory!