Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Flower Pot Thief

The other day I thought I lost my mind. I admit that I don't get my dishes done as promptly as they should. . . . . . . so sometimes I dig through the sink to find what I need, wash it and use it again. I was searching for my 12 inch saute pan which wasn't in the cupboard where I always keep my pans. Groaning, I realized that it must be buried under the pile of dirty dishes in my sink. Sticking my hand in the mound of gross leftover plates my children clear off the table for me (bless their hearts);they seem to forget to dump the food first. My mind brainstorming as to where, if anywhere, else this pan could be! Being prone to "blonde moments" at times it was only a matter of figuring out where I had put it. After emptying out the sink to no avail I grew very concerned to where this pan was. I use it often enough that it couldn't be in the very "outer darkness" of the cupboard, but I looked there anyway. When Cory walked in from work I just casually mentioned that I had misplaced my pan somehow. Sadie sitting at the table coloring suddenly slaps her hand over her mouth and shrinks in her chair. "The one with the gray handle?" she innocently asks. All my pans have a gray handle so I wasn't too excited when I answered "Yes. Do you know where it is?" She nods her head yes and immediately disappears outside before I could ask her where it was. Out of breath she runs back in the house and says,"I took it outside in the dirt because I was planting my flowers in it. It made just the perfect flower pot mommy!" I was stunned to silence. Then I just had to laugh at her imagination. She was using sticks as her flowers so I was lucky my pan didn't get scratched. It all turned out in the end though. However Sadie's flower garden has a different flower pot that can permanently stay outside!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

How cute it that! I bet you NEVER would have thought to look there! :)

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

That is so cute! Kids do the darndest things! At least you found your pot! Is Haylee feeling better since her RSV sickness??