Saturday, May 22, 2010

Winter is NOT over . . . .



This is the scene we woke up to this morning. I couldn't believe my eyes, were almost to June and it is snowing!!!! Talk about crazy weather. Cory came home for the weekend from Driggs and we talked last night about all the fun stuff we were going to do with the kids. Most of the ideas we had involved being outside, just not in the snow. We changed our plans to the max but still had a fun Saturday. My children were ecstatic about playing in the snow. They stayed outside in it until they were soaked inside and out! Sledding and trying to build a snow castle seemed to be the major hits. I on the other hand had cleaned out the fireplace and washed off the inset rocks to be ready for summer weather, boy was I wrong. It is almost midnight and it is 23 degrees! Winter is defiantly not over. . . . . the forecast for the next few days is cold and snowy. I sure hope the weather man is wrong on this account.










2 comments:

Natalie said...

ya, this is definitely NOT my favorite weather! In fact, I HATE IT!

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

Oh MAN!! I can't believe you still have snow! Although I just came in from mowing the lawn in our 87 degree (yes, 87 degrees I wish I was joking) weather dripping in sweat, probably suffering from heat stroke and snow sounds pretty good right about now!