Thursday, June 3, 2010

Animals Galore

Since it's summer now we are outside constantly playing with the sandbox, toys, and yes all the animals that seem to surround us. It is a blessing to have these animals around, but sometimes it is too much! We recently lost a puppy that actually was a good puppy that we liked and wanted to keep around. His name was Tom and he got attacked by a raccoon this last week. We still had our ever faithful dog Tuff, three kittens and two horses amongst us. So why Uncle Buzz and Aunt Julee thought we needed another puppy is beyond me. Here they come out of the blue last week with a pup for the kids. They didn't even ask first, they just brought him over! I know the old saying about asking forgiveness later but this is NOT one of those cases. This puppy is as cute as can be but that is all he had going for him. We named him Jerry (yes my kids watch Tom and Jerry the cartoon, hence the puppy names). First of all this puppy is a red heeler (which is good) golden retriever mix. He basically was an ooops for a registered Golden Retriever female in Cary where Aunt Julee is from. Jerry is a typical puppy tearing up anything he can get his hands on. He finds garbage, clothes, boots, gloves, wood, anything to chew on and I am pretty sure he gets this stuff from all our neighbors! I can't tell my kids that I wish this dog would find an "Elvis ticket" but man is he a menace! I guess the war is on, I told Aunt Julee to expect to basically dread me coming around in the future when they have kids. I owe Uncle Buzz really good by now so I'm just biding my time. I'm thinking a llama would be good, or maybe a goat for their kids. We shall see.





No comments: