Friday, July 31, 2009

Ready and waiting . . . . .

I'm still two weeks from my due date, but last Monday at my weekly checkup, I was already dialated to a three and 50% thinned. So after hearing that news last week I sure hope we have something to report soon! This week had been so LONG!! My next appointment is in three days and I hope they just send me to the hospital because we live two hours away from the doctor. We'll see how it goes.
Sadie has been really good at thinking about what to say in her prayers and being very heartfelt about what to ask for. Last night at bedtime prayers she asked "for our baby girl to come out of mommy's belly soon, please". I couldn't help but smile and add my own sentiments to that in my head at the time. Mommy is really ready for this baby to come. Lexi kisses my belly a lot and other than that she has no idea what rude awakening is in store for her. She has become very clingy and a "mommy" girl this last week, she must sense that change is in the air.
On a good note, Cory finally had a break from paying jobs to start building a bully barn for some of our stuff! YEA!!! This has been a long time coming and I have been outside right along with him (yes pregnant) as we have built this thing. It is a 20 foot by 24 foot space that will house all of our food storage walled off in one side, Cory's bowflex machine, my craft area and a spare bed/room of sorts with toys and a TV to help entertain kids when the notion arises. This will free up space in my house so I can actually put up the crib in the third bedroom for our baby. Currently this room is storing boxes of my craft stuff, sewing supplies, baby/kid clothes and lots of odds and ends. It will also free up my mud room which currently has food storage strategically placed throughout, to let Cory actually come in the mud room door and not have to go around in the main door.
So we are staying busy but enjoying our summer as it flies by. If we complete all the projects and things we want to do this summer I will be amazed. Sooner or later Cory will have to find a paying gig again, and there goes my labor for all my projects. But until then I plan to utilize what I've got! Then I can get to my labor on the inside of the house I guess.



Below: Here is the bully barn starting to get a roof.



1 comment:

Sarah F. said...

We will pray for little baby girl to come soon too! Good luck. Let us know about the appointment.