Friday, April 30, 2010

End of April

I have a little catching up to do in the next few days so bear with me please. In the last part of April two things stick out in my mind. The first is that Cory is working on an elk fence project in Driggs, ID so he is gone all week long and comes home on the weekends. When he is home we try to do something fun as a family like going for a picnic, or a drive or just play the day away! Our plan was to do a hot dog roast the last Sunday in April but the weather didn't cooperate, so instead we improvised:


My kids absolutely LOVED flying kites. The wind was perfect and they ran everywhere in the field. Elmo and Barbie did well for dollar kites. Sadie and Lexi have been asking every day since when the next kite day will be.


The second thing about the end of April was Cary and Julee's wedding. It wouldn't have been such a stressful event if I hadn't been making their wedding cake for them. This was only the second wedding cake I have made in my life! Make a theme cake, or a birthday cake sure now problem but a wedding cake that 500 people will take a close gander at . . . . . . AAAHHHHH! I was going crazy! With Cory gone, basically my children went on autopilot for three days for me to make this thing. They went outside a lot and played in the yard with the dogs or stayed in the house grounded from the kitchen where the cake making was taking place. It turned out pretty well for my lack of experience with this sort of thing. I used fondant for the first time and it was fun to learn the tricks to shaping it. I do enjoy cake decorating a lot, it just stresses me out before the final product! Here is how the cake left my house; before the glass temple was put on the top and the flower petals were sprinkled around it:

No comments: