Monday, April 12, 2010

Get- A-Way

Cory and I decided it was time to go for an overnight date. We have both been stressed out to the max and needed a real break. So we planned a weekend that worked for Cory's parents to babysit all three kids and went. Cory had a dentist appointment on the 9th so we made that our night. I worried a little about Kurt and Jan keeping all three kids all night long. I still don't get a full nights sleep between bad dreams from Lexi, and Haylee waking up hungry. She is finally weened though so we took our chances.
It turned out good. Not major catastrophes except Haylee peeing on Grandpa and Uncle Cody. I blamed it on faulty diaper placement because that hasn't happened with a fresh on put on like that. My kids stayed in their jammies all day with no hair done but they had the time of their lives on Saturday before we came to get them.
Cory and I spent the night at a hotel in IF and didn't even have to go grocery shopping! That in itself was a miracle. We just window shopped, went to dinner, walked around the Greenbelt and did nothing in particular. IT WAS MARVELOUS!!! I had no itinerary, no errands to run (okay so I really did, but I refrained from doing them) we just did as we pleased. We will have to do that more often (yeah right).

No comments: