Thursday, October 15, 2009

Not so Terrible Two's

First of all the pictures are dark because we took them at night and there is no light in my house to take good pictures, especially where my wall are a dark brown paneling. That will all change eventually but for now the pictures are going to be dark, Sorry!
.
Lexi's birthday was on the 13th and she turned two years old. I can't believe how fast they grow! Lexi wants so bad to be a "big " girl like Sadie and it seems more often then not, she succeeds and that makes me a little sad. I'm supposed to have to little girls, not two big girls. We didn't go all out even though we should have considering her last birthday was the day we moved our last load from IF to Leadore last October. She didn't ever really get a birthday but she got one this year! Lexi likes to sing and when she sings "Happy Birthday" to anyone it comes out "Happy to you". So she sang that all day. I had Sadie color a big poster to hang up on the wall and little pages of birthday pictures to decorate the house. Sadie's masterpiece was our family "portrait". She even colored a dog for Tuff:


We just had Grandpa and Grandma Bird, Uncle Cody, Uncle Buzz and our family get together for a party. She was so excited about every present. It was great to watch her reactions. Uncle Cody and Uncle Buzz got the best reaction by giving her some cans of Cream Soda. She wanted to open them right away.


She got some new clothes, and PJ's from Grandma and Grandpa Bird which she liked too. I wanted to take her picture holding the PJ's and this is how she held them while she said "Cheese":



She also got lots of dress up and princess stuff. She is so into that lately. Her new favorite movie is Barbie and the Diamond Castle. She would watch it twice a day or more if I let her.



I let Lexi and Sadie help me decorate her Diamond Castle cake. We had lots of fun making messes in the kitchen and decorating. The clean up wasn't as fun but it was worth it. The girls are already talking about doing the next cake for Grandpa Bird's birthday on the 28th! They enjoy decorating like I do which makes it a mom and daughter time we can do!






3 comments:

Sarah F. said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Lexi!!! I CAN'T believe you are two!! Such a big girl. We love you.

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

Happy Birthday Lexi!!!! Your girls are so cute, I wish I could see them more often! Give them hugs and kisses from Indiana!

Natalie said...

She is so big Jess. I love the cake...you did a great job on it. I also love the pj picture!:)