Saturday, December 5, 2009

Blessings in Disguise

It has been said that the mother of the household sets the tone of the rest of the house. With that being said, I was having a particularly hard day a week ago or so and was having difficulty putting it behind me so I could be a happy mom that day. It was a day that I didn't get in the shower until 1 p.m. because of business demands, crying and tantrum children, etc. So as I was in the shower, contemplating how I was going to snap out of this mood and get happier when I heard the door to my bathroom open. I just sighed, asked Lexi what she was doing. Nobody answered me so I hurried to finish my shower and go check on the girls, who were supposed to be coloring at the table. I came out of the shower and there on the counter were two folded pieces of paper. I opened them to see Sadie had helped Lexi draw and color a heart on the paper for me. The other piece of paper Sadie had colored a heart with my favorite color and tried to spell out I love you on the paper. I just stood there as the tears started to fall and I realized I have much to be happy about , which two of those reasons just did the most thoughtful thing for me. When I later asked Sadie why she did that for me she said "I just thought you needed a picture to show you I love you." What a blessing she is for me!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

So stinking cute!:)