Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'm a Minivan Mom

I'm so not ready for this, but it happens to the best of us. (No offense to those of you who own a minivan) I recently acquired a minivan to replace my car I totaled. I LOVED my car and I didn't want anything but one just like it , however with the money the insurance paid out and what we have saved this van just fit the bill. So I now am in the minivan club. I do have to say that getting kids in and out all the time is much better , I have much more room to haul my month's supply of groceries, and the gas mileage is the same as my car was. I just really liked my car. It was a part of all my travels for nine years and I was sad to see it go. I will get used to the longer vehicle to drive I suppose. But at least I do have a vehicle now. Cory was none to thrilled that I had to use his white work truck for my "car" these past few weeks. I think he was going through withdrawals :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Jess....CRAZY that you are a van owner!! When we were looking at new suburbans, I really debated about a minivan because you can buy one brand new for the price of a used suburban, BUT....I just couldn't do it. Mostly because it would have been downsizing and I already feel like we fill the suburban completely up with the 4 kids. I feel bad you got in an accident!!

Chris Lott Family said...

Way cute picture! I can't wait until you guys come and stay with us for a few days. We already have a craft lined up for
St. Patricks Day so get ready! Talk to you soon!